Welcome to the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Land of Lincoln Chapter.
It is SWANA's mission to advance the practice of environmentally and economically sound management of municipal solid waste in North America. For over 40 years, SWANA has been the leading professional association in the solid waste field, serving over 8,000 members throughout North America, and thousands more with conferences, certifications, publications, and technical training courses.
Our membership includes local and state government officials; engineering and planning consultants; owners and operators of solid waste facilities and waste and recycling haulers. The Land of Lincoln Chapter offers many opportunities for solid waste professionals, including:
Periodic dinner meetings and workshops with featured speakers on relevant solid waste topics:
- Solid waste facility tours
- Annual fundraising event to support award of a college scholarship
- Annual 3-day conference jointly hosted with other statewide recycling and solid waste professional organizations
- Annual fall business meeting to elect officers
- Chapter-sponsored professional networking events
- Partnership with SWANA’s national headquarters to provide members with education, training and certification benefits
CRT Glass Management Challenge Presentation Now Available
The presentation from the SWANA Land of Lincoln Chapter February 5, 2014 Dinner Meeting is available here:
Thank you to those who attended this highly successful event.